Position Title: Temple Manager (part-time)
Hindu Society of Victoria (HSV) is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a part-time Temple Manager position.
This part time manager role shall provide leadership, manage staff, and oversee day-to-day temple operations and perform daily hands-on operational duties and require working closely with all HSV constituents – devotees, priests, staff, volunteers, neighbours, and management; and ensure smooth functioning of religious, human services and all temple events.
The right candidate shall possess
- extensive knowledge of Hindu religion and Hindu way of living;
- in-depth understanding of daily and special rituals performed and, festivals celebrated in a South Indian traditional Hindu temple;
- ability to understand and cater for the varying needs of the Hindus hailing from different parts of India and other parts of the world;
- excellent skill in planning, organising and conducting functions.
- strong organisational and managerial skills that are required to manage the temple office
- high quality customer service skills to serve the devotees and other stakeholders
Candidates with strong managerial experience, including reporting, people skills, excellent customer service record, fund raising experience, and a passion to work in a temple environment are encouraged to apply.
This position reports directly to the Temple Admin Chair.
For further information please contact email@example.com.
Applications close 11.59 PM 15th May 2022.